Information Technology Policy
No single policy or security strategy will work for every organization. Contrary to what is advertised on the internet, there is no generic template that will meet every organization’s need. The security policy must reflect your company’s environment, culture, and its specific security needs. The technology policies outline accepted and ethical practices consistent with corporate mission, vision, and values. In business, policy is a document that states how an organization plans to protect its physical and information technology (IT) assets. IT Policies form the foundation of any security program. A technology security policy is often considered to be a “living document”; continuously updated as technology and environment changes.
eInnosec uses methodology depending on the size of the organization to choose the Information Technology policies that suit the organization budget, control requirements, and sustainability. The eInnosec method ensures that there is a right balance between Technology Security Policies and Technology Maturity within organization.
No single policy or security strategy will work for every organization. Contrary to what is advertised on the internet, there is no generic template that will meet every organization’s need. The security policy must reflect your company’s environment, culture, and its specific security needs. A security policy is a strategy for how company will implement information security principles and technologies. It is essentially a business plan that applies to Information Security aspects of a business.
A security policy indicates senior management’s commitment to maintaining a secure network, which allows the IT Staff to do a more effective job of securing the company’s information assets. A security policy can provide legal protection to your company.
A security policy must specifically accomplish three objectives:
- It must allow for the confidentiality and privacy of your company’s information.
- It must provide protection for the integrity of your company’s information.
- It must provide for the availability of your company’s information.
eInnosec services include:
- Design, develop, and implement security policies
- Create customized training program for policies including Learning Management Systems
- Create security policies to fulfill regulations and meet standards that relate to security of digital information. A few of the more commonly encountered are:
- The PCI Data Security Standard (DSS)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The HITECH Act
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00
- The ISO family of security standards
- The Graham-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Security Policy Framework
- HMG Information Assurance